Corporate Governance Committee
The Corporate Governance Committee's primary purpose is to assist the Board in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities with respect to:
- the development and implementation of principles and systems for the management of corporate governance;
- identifying qualified candidates and recommending nominees for Director and Board Committee appointments;
- evaluations of the Board, Board Committees, the Board Chair and Committee Chairs;
- overseeing director compensation; and
- implementation and effectiveness of the Ethics Policy and the compliance programs under the Ethics Policy, all with a view to ensuring Canexus implements a high level of corporate governance.
The Committee will be comprised of at least three directors. All Committee members will:
- be independent under the Categorical Standards for Director Independence adopted by the Board and applicable law;
- have a working familiarity with corporate governance practices; and
- be appointed and removed by the Board.
The Committee Chair will also be appointed by the Board.